Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Great Trial To Filipinos


The scenery's heartbreaking, flood's everywhere, every face's frightened and worried not only from themselves but specially to their families. This is the tragedy that just came to my country Philippines.
It was September 26, Friday night when the rain starts pouring continuously until Saturday the whole day. I never thought that it will be serious but as the day came on Saturday, I notice the creek nearby. I was so surprised when I went back to our laundry area back of our house. The water seems so high and almost reach our back yard. It never happened before so I start watching it, if the water will go higher than before. For a better sight, I went to the second floor and so shocked. The creek is over flowing already and almost to our backyard, to my father-in-law's fighting cocks. I ran down and panicked. It's just good my brother-in-law is around and transferred all the fighting cocks to a higher ground. As for us it remained that way, backyard's flooded but if you just saw the houses across the creek, only the roofs are to be seen, fences broke and goes with the flood. After that, brown out everywhere so we can't watch any news.
For the years that we stayed here since we moved, this is the very first time that the creek over flowed. We're just thankful that only a small damage happened to us but it so sad when we heard that part of our subdivision was flooded so bad that the water's deep is unto neck. I was more horrified when we heard the news that almost the whole Metro Manila was flooded and hundreds of lives where taken by it. It was so painful seeing families including babies on top of the roofs begging for help but rescuers can't reach them.
Until now, some schools are still used as evacuation areas because the refugees don't have any home to stay. Their homes were taken by the flood. The bad part is, rescuing's still going on but here comes another super typhoon again. This time it affected the northern part of the Philippines, it includes my home province. My parents and siblings are there and made me worry so much. It's just good that I manage to contact my mom and thank god they are okay.
The good part of this is, we still manage to help our co-Filipinos. It doesn't matter if you are poor or rich.In this case, we help each other without any hesitation. We do our best to save lives of other. And we do our best to reach out for those who are needy and homeless. We give to those who are starving and comfort those who are suffering.
Now I just pray that all of mankind shall realize that this is a Calling. Nature's giving back the things that is done to it. If the illegal loggers don't cut trees on the mountains, there should be enough trees to hold the water and prevent floods.
In moment like this, it is so great that Filipinos rely to each other, help each other, and hold on to each other. It is so nice to see everyone doing their best to do everything they can to save anyone's life. Mabuhay ka Pilipinas!

No comments: